Homeowner Warranty Procedures
PLEASE NOTE: ALL WARRANTY CLAIMS MUST BE SUBMITTED ON OUR WEBSITE. CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR CLAIM IF YOU OWN A RYDER HOME IN CALIFORNIA, OR CLICK HERE IF YOU OWN A RYDER HOME IN NEVADA.
To help you with the upkeep of your new home, please refer to your Homeowner’s Manual. Many questions you may not have thought to ask will most likely be answered in the Manual. Please check with the County and/or City Planning and Building Departments and review your CC&Rs before making any changes to the exterior of your home.
The 1/11 Warranty Program provides more complete warranty service and less disturbance to the buyer than the conventional programs used by many other builders.
- During your first month of occupancy, keep one of the Warranty Service Request Forms, found at the back of your Homeowner’s Manual, handy and note any warranty items on it as you discover them.
- Towards the end of the above 1-month period, submit your Warranty Service Request online. Upon its receipt, we will make an appointment to meet with you.
- At the scheduled meeting, our Warranty Superintendent will review each item your request. He/she will clarify which items are non-warrantable (if they are Homeowner maintenance, he/she will explain how you should perform that maintenance). He/she will fix some of those items that he/she can right there during the interview. We will schedule with you a day when our subcontractors and we can return and take care of all the remaining items.
- After approximately 11 months in your new house, please forward a second Warranty Service Request Form with any new items. We will go through the above procedure one final time. Emergencies, such as a plumbing leak or total electrical failure, should be handled by you directly with the appropriate subcontractor.
An emergency phone list for the plumbing, electrical, HVAC, and appliance companies is the very last page of your Homeowner’s Manual.
- First refer to your Homeowner’s Manual to see what action you should take to resolve the emergency. – Can we put a link directly giving them emergency contacts?
- Check the Manual also to insure that the emergency is a warranty-covered problem. Click on the applicable link to access the Home Warranty Manual: California Home Warranty Manual, Nevada Home Warranty Manual
- Contact the subcontractor directly for emergency service.
- If the subcontractor is not able to respond or if the emergency is of a nature which cannot be addressed by a company on the emergency phone list, resolve the emergency through prudent action with any appropriate resources. (Save the receipts and document the incident. Ryder Homes will reimburse you the reasonable cost of warrantable emergency work.)
PLEASE NOTE: Warranty items that impact the function and livability of the house and cannot wait for the 1st or 11th-month warranty service should be submitted online to Ryder Homes. Phone requests cannot be accepted as the requests must be received, annotated, logged, and tracked to insure reliable service to you. We will review such requests and if we determine that the items are warrantable and cannot wait for the 1/11 warranty service, we will proceed with the warranty work.
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR CLAIM IF YOU OWN A RYDER HOME IN CALIFORNIA, OR CLICK HERE IF YOU OWN A RYDER HOME IN NEVADA.